Values help us do a few things:
- Point out what makes us unique as an organization
- Have a set of guidelines anyone in the company can refer to when making decisions
- Remind us of what we should be looking for in potential new hires
Sourcerers Company Values
- As a company, we ask each employee to specify the cause or charity they are most passionate about and match 5% of their salary there every year.
- We believe in giving. Strive to give 5 things every day. These don’t need to be physical goods. A compliment to a stranger, a shout out to a teammate, advice to someone in your network… These are all forms of giving and something we encourage you to do each and every day.
- We believe in setting goals and tracking progress closely.
- We use the tools and technology that allow us to be our most productive selves.
- Internal processes should be well documented and easily searchable for all members of the organization.
Strength in Relationships
- We take a genuine interest in each other’s goals and lives outside of work.
- Everyone is expected to invite a peer to an offsite/off the clock event at least once per month.
- We strive to bring out the best in each other by adding positive energy at all times.
- We collaborate when possible, two brains are better than one.
- Seek to meet at least 3 new people every day, that’s over 1,000 a year… You can build a network quick with just a little bit of effort.
- All opinions are valid. We strive to surround ourselves with a diversity of thought.
- Congratulate in public, offer feedback or criticism in private.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of a fellow employee’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care leave status, or veteran status. Any of the aforementioned is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- We work hard to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
- We recognize each other’s accomplishments every day.
- We celebrate small wins and know how they fit into the bigger picture.